Create a Quickbooks Online app and configure it so that you can process accounting data through Rutter.
Create a Quickbooks Online App
- Navigate to your Quickbooks Dashboard and click on “Create an app” on the top right https://developer.intuit.com/app/developer/dashboard. Fill in the app name and be sure to check the accounting scope.
Update Redirect URI
- In the test app, you need to add https://production.rutterapi.com/quickbooks/proxy/redirect-url as a redirect URI
- You can do this by clicking on Keys & Credentials. Add the redirect URI under Development Settings (if you’re testing with a sandbox company) or Production Settings (if real company).
Share your production client_id and client_secret with Rutter
- First, get the client_id and client_secret from QBO. To do this:
- Then, share these two values to Rutter by entering them in the Dashboard:
- Login to the Rutter Dashboard
- Make sure you’re in Production Mode. Navigate to Platforms, select the Accounting menu, and click on Quickbooks.
- Copy the client_id and client_secret into the text boxes and click Save.
Log in to the Dashboard and Open up the Auth flow
- On the Rutter Dashboard, navigate to Connections on the sidebar. Click Create New Connection on the top right.
- Copy the shareable URL below
- The url will open up the auth flow where you can select Quickbooks
- The merchant connects to Quickbooks by signing into their Quickbooks account to authenticate.
- You should see the following screen, indicating a successful connection: